About Peridance Capezio Center
With a firm belief in the power of dance as a positive force, Peridance has been a core member of New York City’s dance community since its inception in 1983. The new Peridance Capezio Center provides a broad spectrum of dance education within a nurturing and professional environment, preparing dancers for the continually evolving international dance arena.
Peridance Capezio Center is proud to invite all new students, beginners to professionals, to come and enjoy over 250 weekly Open Adult Classes. Peridance provides an unparalleled variety of workshops, master classes and guest teachers. Peridance offers excellent training programs of the highest level with world-renowned faculty, choreographers and dance companies. The School at Peridance offers comprehensive Children and Teen classes, ages 18 months to 18 years. Peridance also provides an exciting opportunity to live and dance in NYC through its F-1 Visa International Student Program and the Certificate Program, a pre-professional training program for serious dancers ages 17 to 28. Maintaining its original roots in Union Square, Peridance Capezio Center is excited about its new home: a beautiful landmark building featuring six spacious, state-of-the-art, sprung and column-free studios. All studios are professionally equipped for classes, auditions and rentals. The Center also hosts the Salvatore Capezio Theater, a coffee shop and a Capezio shop.
Throughout the years, Peridance Capezio Center has remained dedicated to:
- • Offering accessible dance classes of the highest caliber in all styles, for all ages and all levels.
- • Offering dancers the opportunity to learn repertory and work with world-renowned guest artists and master teachers
- • Providing affordable, high quality studios and performance spaces for artists to create and perform in a comfortable and friendly environment
- • Maintaining a strong national and international presence in dance education, as a leading New York City based dance school
- • Bringing dance and the performing arts into the local community and positively influencing future generations of artists.